My name is Shannon Gilmour. I am an indie Christian author
who has survived to tell a story...

To some it is one whopper of a tale, but to me, I can only remain true to my experience. I detail that experience in the book entitled 'Non Existent Entities'.


To read my detailed encounters, order my books at Amazon.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

So you wanna talk sasquatch huh?


I discuss the spiritual aspect of sasquatch a lot in this blog. I do believe these forest dwellers are both spiritual and physical but in this post I want to discuss the physical nature of these creatures. Many of us are still undecided as to what these creatures are, and many of us understand what these creatures do without knowing why they do it; to give us all a bit of a better insight, let's look into the behavior of primates.

Most of us are familiar with the great apes; the gorillas, the chimpanzees, and the orangutans, but many of us are not so familiar with the smaller or lesser apes; one in particular, the gibbon. Gibbons are believed to be one of our closest living relatives. They live in tropical and subtropical forests of South and Southeast Asia. They are tailless and swing from branch to branch with their long arms and do so with elegance and speed.

What makes the Gibbon so important to this specific topic is their particular calls that they make as often people in sasquatch research often hear odd and unusual melodious and haunting sounds of the forest that are perhaps, reminiscent to the Gibbon. Gibbons are social creatures and are territorial (hooting call) to which they defend their territory with vocal and visual displays. Gibbons will often call out to their mate with their mate responding and it isn't uncommon for the little ones to chime in.  Gibbons pair bond and mate for life. Gibbons are also noted for their solo haunty songs ringing out throughout the forest canopy in attempts to attract a mate. They also use their song to establish their territory, much in the way gorillas do as they grunt and beat their chests sending off a territorial boundary line to the other male only miles away. The song is used by scientists to help identify from which species of gibbon the individual comes from but also from which territory.

Those who are active in sasquatch research often project specific calls that are suspected to be made by the sasquatch themselves, and although there is no known record of serious injury doing this, it is important not to throw caution to the wind. These calls are for specific reasons, and like forest dwelling primates we should be careful to understand that a specific call given at a specific time of the year, or month or at any time may not mean much to us but it does to them. One could be calling a male into one's campsite, one could be challenging the territory of sasquatch and one could be advertising that for us, it's mating season bringing in curious sasquatch males or females from the forest.

For more Gibbon calls please see this link.

Gibbons do not make nests, and they sleep in the fork of branches either huddled together or they sleep alone. For this reason, to understand the so called 'nesting sites' of sasquatch we can look to the greater apes for answers.  All great apes use nests for sleeping. Mostly made on the ground, the ape will also make nests in trees.  What is so interesting is that while watching an episode on BBC LIFE Planet Earth Documentary, commentary by Oprah Winfrey, I noticed the camera was panned on a baby or juvenile gorilla who was sitting in a fork in a tree and he/she pulled the branches that were near by so that the animal could use the leaves still attached to the branches as padding where it sat. This made me think of the signature sign of sasquatch activity, the folded arched branches that let us know these forest dwellers have been in the area. It turns out that great apes are nomadic and make new nests every night. It is also believed that the lodgings or lean toos they build are temporary and more for protection from rain, frost and cold and chilly nights. We must not forget, that animals can sense weather before we can. It's like they can smell rain or storms in the air.

I have had the opportunity of seeing two foot prints in the snow created by a forest dweller onlooker. From where they were standing in my yard, they had a perfect view of seeing my face in the window as I wrote at my desk late at night in my upstairs office. I had no knowledge I was being watched of course, but the cleverness of the evidence I found made me think that this creature stood watching for some time. At the bottom of each of the footprints in the snow was collected hay from hay bales as this was not uprooted grass. The hay allowed the forest dweller to stand comfortably without leaving any noticeable foot print tracks, and would also give the creature a comfortable footing for his feet to stand giving  him a bit of warmth protecting the bottom of his feet from the cold ground. That is just the sympathetic nature in me, as I mostly suspect the hay was a rouse, to keep me from knowing with certainty that sasquatch stood 50 feet from my home watching me. It is kind of creepy but that's what they do; they like to watch women, and especially the jeuveniles they are curious about us women. You can't blame a guy for trying... now if this creature began to serenade me.... oh boy. But I jest. In all seriousness it is important to understand how these creatures act so that you can keep yourself and your family safe when you go out into the woods.

It is important to know all you can know about these creatures, and weigh the facts with your experience along with someone else's experience. Don't just assume what you heard is a sasquatch call, foxes and coyotes make some strange noises and in the thick of the night this can be quite intimidating.

I myself have heard sasquatch beat its chest like a gorilla and it sounds NOTHING like a gorilla chest beat. I've heard foot stomps, that sound nothing like a heavy animal stomping on the ground. But I have heard the sound of gibbons in the forest canopy in the valley that is down the road from my front door. I live on the Canadian prairies, we have no gibbons here.  The forest calls, and the whoops along with the nests they use to bed down at night are a regular part of life out here, even now that I am not ACTIVELY perusing these creatures.  They come and go as they please and they have made a mess of my tree line, breaking branches and bending them, weaving them into a sign, a communication code only known to other sasquatch. I don't know I don't speak their language. ( Nor do I want to.)  All I know is that they have mannerisms characteristic of the apes that can be helpful to us as we venture out in the forest.

We are all in this together and sharing information to help us stay safe is an answer to prayer.

Blessings to you and your families.